Nick Dametto MP, CCRC councilors, the Scotts, Marina News, real estate agents, assorted scammers, speculators and PH block-owners …
WHY are they tied to the false place name ONE MILE CREEK?
Their common interest is in getting the state and Commonwealth governments to pay for the dredging of a private waterway so they can all benefit– whether in votes or dollars. They all want a few years during which more blocks and berths can be sold, on the basis of the lie of “deep water access” … just like Keith Williams! They want “normalising” Port Hinchinbrook to be a property boom– just listen to your own councilors at the last CCRC meeting. AND we’ll all get rich – the same cargo-cult mentality that sucked Cardwell into this maelstrom in the 1990s. And after five years? - and if no cyclone can be blamed for the naturally infilled waterways or otherwise used to rob the public purse?- then –
it will start all over again. And again. Driven by election cycles.
MEET THE PLAYERS
1. The present development company: The Passage Holdings P/L (ACN 602422891) liquidation commenced 17/07/2017 by plaintiff Jason John Scott & Ors.
2. not to be confused with Passage Holdings (Qld) P/L (ACN 146 455 138), contact person Clive Scott (Connolly Suthers solicitors Townsville).
3. Gary Scott, Clive Scott, block owners and associated property promoters.
4. Real estate agents eg Cardwell local Lindsay Hallam.
5. Nick Dametto MP (Hinchinbrook) who, in using the false place name ONE MILE CREEK, avoided alerting the public to the officially documented infeasibility of dredging the “Port Hinchinbrook” access canal (Stony Creek). Dametto is using the same false name for the Port Hinchinbrook access canal as Marina News:
Dametto’s sign at the Port Hinchinbrook Boat Ramp, and in recent “Marina News”
7. CCRC – also using the false place name ONE MILE CREEK, thus avoiding reference to “Port Hinchinbrook”, Stony Creek and the 1996 Deed of Agreement when obtaining promises of money from the Commonwealth government, ALL the councilors and staff advised about the provisions of the Deed.
8. Queensland DES – which gave a dredging licence (since suspended) under the false place name One Mile Creek. DES is correcting their records. Des also says licencing process is unrelated to who pays.
9. DNRME (now Resources Dept) which didn’t notice an unauthorised change in the official Queensland Place Name Gazetteer (the legal bible of place names, boundaries etc). When so advised in December 2019, DNRME said they’d correct the official record at once. Maybe they did. But the public Queensland Globe mapping program was not corrected until after DNRME had been contacted by the Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC). Even then it was a year before they corrected it in every layer.
10. Queensland Government – represented by Deputy Premier Steven Miles. The state government does not want to pay for its 1994 contribution to this debacle. Minister Miles, who won’t call in a development that threatens biodiversity and human amenity, nevertheless has used his extraordinary powers to resume all “Port Hinchinbrook” land (on which is the STP - a substantial asset) that would normally be under local Council control. During his unusually nervous performance in parliament, it seemed he unfairly used the Liquidator as a scapegoat for the government resuming some of the Port Hinchinbrook property.
11. Deputy Mayor and Cardwell Councilor Barry Barnes, Mayor Nolan, all CCRC councilors. They persist in falsely calling the Port Hinchinbrook/Hinchinbrook Harbour access canal ONE MILE CREEK. There has to be a reason, but they are not telling us why.
12. Anonymous newsletter “Marina News” which promotes “One Mile Creek’’, myths about company processes (eg that no BAML is payable by block-owners) and pseudo-legal advice. Marina News is still publishing a look-a-like Queensland Globe map showing One Mile Creek instead of Stony Creek (see #5 above).
Alliance to Save Hinchinbrook Inc
PO Box 2457, Townsville Q 4810
Mobile 0427 724 052
13 Dec 2021
Leave a Reply.